I worked for smart professionals for 4 years and was actually among the first reps they hired when the company first went into business. In the first 6 months it was taking them about 2 weeks to pay me after I completed working a 10-day event (which I would work entirely by myself including setting up and wrapping up the event by myself open to close store hours each day totaling about 100 hours for each 10-day show).

After that it started taking longer and longer to get paid. 3 weeks then 4 weeks and in the last 6 months that I worked for them it was taking five or six weeks to get my check. I started to suspect that the company may be having some Financial issues a few months before they closed their business, how ever, I was continually reassured that there were no issues. In the end I worked 3 back to back to back events with only 4 days off between each show and was not paid for any of them, resulting in them owing me over $5,000 in wages.

I have endless text and email correspondence documentation between me and numerous staff members as well as with the owner Michelle Seghini promising to pay me what was owed but I was ultimately left to rot with no money. I could not believe that they had done that to me but then after doing some research online, I found out that Michelle Seghini had done something like this before where she ran up half a million dollars in spending on stolen credit cards through the office at the business where she worked at the time. Apparently, she was charged and convicted of this crime and forced to pay restitution in the meager amount of $500 a month. I don't think I will ever see the $5,000 that she owes me when she still owes tens of thousands of dollars in restitution money as well as over $100,000 in wages to the more than 80 other Smart Professionals sales reps who worked Costco special events but were not paid.

I have tried to research if there are any group lawsuits going on against her, however, I have not been able to find out anything. In another month or two it will be two years since they went out of business so it's probably too late 2 try to go after her for my money anymore. My husband's 18 year old daughter passed away right before this happened and so I didn't take any action due to the grief I and my family were going through. If anyone knows anything about what I can do to try to get some or all of my $5,000 that Michelle Seghini owes me, I would sincerely appreciate any assistance or information you could give me.

I will provide my information to anyone responding to this review who can help me.

I also posted photos of our beloved "Baby Girl". We miss her and will never be the same without her.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2017.

Comments

File a complaint with the Labor Board, the consumer protection division of your state's Attorney General's office and go to small claims court.