At it again? Screwing over hard working independent contractors?

It has been uncovered. MICHELLE SEGHINI of Sandy Utah, who turns out to be a convicted felon who now co-owns and runs Smart-Professionals in Sandy Utah Does not keep her word or written contracts with people she hires!!!! Has she not learned her lesson from serving time for a federal crime? Background.

All you gotta do is Google her name in Utah. There is a 2010 Salt Lake Tribune newspaper article. Now she co-owns Smart Professionals, Michelle Seghini, a.k.a Michelle Attridge seems to have "had?" a big gigantic shopping problem!!!!! Convicted for embezzling/stealing $540,000 from her ex employer using STOLEN company credit cards.

She served prison time and now she is paying restitution at $500 a month! So, is that where some unpaid worker's money is going? Is the old saying true? Once a crook always a crook?

Google to learn about Michelle Seghini. "Ex Office Manager Gets Jail for Stealing From Employer Utah" Smart Professionals now run roadshows across the USA hired by third party product companies to showcase their goods at superstores. Far and wide freelancers report never being paid or paid several months late even though Seghini and cohorts promise verbally and in their written contract to pay 1099 workers in a short time frame after event ends. Several hardworking people are reporting being ripped off!

Working 11 hour days, the elderly, the middle age or college students on fixed incomed are reportedly owed $1500, $4000 and similar increments. Unacceptable.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2016.

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1343480

TO ALL THE SALES REPS THAT MICHELLE SEGHINI AND HER FAMILY HAVE STOLEN FROM: CALL THE UTAH ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE FRAUD DIVISION. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WORKED IN UTAH OR NOT.

THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS AND WILL PROSECUTE HER IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COME FORWARD AND SIGN A COMPLAINT FORM. HER FAMILY HAS STOLEN MORE THAN A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS FROM HARD WORKING SALES REPS AROUND THE COUNTRY! THEY ALL NEED TO GO TO JAIL!!! CALL AND FILE THE COMPLAINT - IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING!

LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE! Also, for those of you who have yet to be paid, contact the Vendors you worked for directly. Many have offered to pay the sales reps directly. You just have to provide proof of your submitted time card.

Smart Pro owed me over $4000 from various roadshows over a four month period, and all vendors but one (Adolfo) paid me. Adolfo flat out refused to do anything and basically stuck up for Michelle Seghini. Even after they had hundreds of complaints of Michelle not paying the sales reps! As far as I'm concerned, they are *** and I will never purchase another article of clothing from them!

Good luck everyone! Don't give up! Michelle and Steve Seghini, Kristi Tisdale, Alexa, Andy, and everyone in their families should be in jail! They stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from hard working people!

Let's all be proactive and make sure that happens! I can't tell you how much it makes my blood boil, knowing that she stole the money I worked for and then posts pictures of her gorgeous new house and custom made furniture and pictures of her daughters lavish wedding on her Facebook page!

YOU CAN RECEIVE JUSTICE! CALL THE UTAH ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE FRAUD DIVISION NOW!!!

Yes she owes me for 78 hours. I was told I would be paid by polo nothing very sad

tinajason25
Olympia, Washington, United States #1153449

My 19 year old daughter got her very first job and show with this company they screwed her over so bad my daughter is owed about 743 $ . Very upsetting to me.

It is up over $100,000.00 now, group on FB "If you haven't been paid by Smart Professionals.

I am one of these workers...I got a text asking me to cover a show from her Daughter Alexa Raddon NE Regional Manager of smart Professional, knowing I wasn't going to be paid....Owners Steve & Michelle Seghini refuse to pay....A Facebook Page has been set up for people who have not been paid " If you haven't been paid from smart professionals (join), please join us...

to Anonymous #1110949

I am out 1700.00...I cannot believe the things I am reading....please if anyone can help..it would be great..I just dropped two letters in the mail to them and now I hear that the address may be fake...someone needs to set these people straight...im going to keep fighting for my money

to Anonymous #1138313

What is page called on fb

Michelle's earlier criminal fraud was embezzling from a medical practice that had legal recourse and the financial ability to hire attorneys. The fraud with her staffing agency was targeted to independent contractors all over the country.

The sales reps were people who were unemployed, students, retirees and those seeking additional income to make ends meet. They do not have financial means to hire lawyers. Because they are spread across all states/cities it is very difficult to form a collective case.

How brilliant Michelle....steal from the poor and think you can get away it. We will prove you wrong!

I'm one of those hard working people. Michelle owes me over $5,000!

I can't believe I worked for her as long as I did and never knew she was stealing my money (and all the other reps who worked for her). I was always told I was her top rep in the midwest. Now I know why.

On average, I did two 10 day events at Costcos every month totaling to about 60 shows in 2 1/2 years.

to Anonymous #1101586

This was posted on craigs list. craigslist > gigs

CL

areaprovo

sectiongigs

categoryevent gigs

post to classifieds [ my account ] reply x prohibited[?] Posted: 16 days ago BEWARE OF SMART PRO OR SMART PROFFESSIONALS no pay Hello, I am an ex-employee of SMART Professionals, or SMART-PRO as they gleefully advertise themselves.

a company that manages Costco warehouse roadshows based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Beware of this organization- they are a company who manages Costco wholesale roadshows, and if you work for them, chances are you will not be paid, and you probably will not hear from them again. I finished working on November 8, 2015, and I still haven't been paid yet- and I am owed in the region of $1,100. These people have 30 or more roadshows in Costcos and other locations across the country, and are more than capable of paying me- but they haven't yet.

This has not just happened to me- this has happened to a number of other people I have been in contact with in the Baltimore/Washington area- one of whom ended up losing her apartment because of SMART Professionals' unwillingness to pay her a considerable amount of money on time- they even give out signed documents that say they have to pay within 10 business days after the show is over (plus 7 if the show ends on a Sunday); which they of course violated.

Here is the website: https://www.facebook.com/SMART-Professionals-582949305112550/?fref=ts This is the owner who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of other companies: https://www.facebook.com/michelle.seghini?fref=ts: Her name is Michelle Power-Seghini- she has been to jail before for financial related crimes. This is the manager who is also the owner's daughter: https://www.facebook.com/alexa.attridge?fref=ts And this is the company's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SMART-Professionals-582949305112550/?pnref=lhc Here is one of their ads: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/evg/5351179276.html BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous #1110542

I to haven't been paid over 2000.00 for shows that I did July/August and September 2015...was always told i would be paid. ..still waiting for my money.